ISTANBUL, TURKEY — Team USA left the Atakoy Athletics Arena Sunday after the final day of the World Indoor Championships with the most gold medals in team history. Brittney Reese (long jump) and Bernard Lagat (3,000m) each defended their World Indoor titles to go along with gold medals from Will Claye (triple jump), Aries Merritt (60m hurdles) and the men’s 4x400m relay to bring the count of American gold medals to 10 for the weekend.
Recent Track News
- Herron’s world best earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors
- Masters Athletes Race a Challenging 15K Championship in Tulsa-One American Record Broken
- Masters Athletes Ready for the Challenging 15K Championship Course in Tulsa
- 300 Masters athletes to vie for national titles at the USATF Masters 5 Km Cross Country Championship in San Diego
- Muhammad’s world record earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors