2012 Olympian Maria Michta (Nesconset, N.Y.) established a new U.S. record in the 20K walk in winning the U.S. Trials race for the IAAF World Cup of Race Walking on Sunday. Her time of 1:31:09 in cool, rainy conditions betters the previous mark of 1:31:51 set by Michelle Rohl in 2000. The top five women, all of whom had the U.S. qualifying time, qualified for the trip to Tiancang, China, in May.
Recent Track News
- Herron’s world best earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors
- Masters Athletes Race a Challenging 15K Championship in Tulsa-One American Record Broken
- Masters Athletes Ready for the Challenging 15K Championship Course in Tulsa
- 300 Masters athletes to vie for national titles at the USATF Masters 5 Km Cross Country Championship in San Diego
- Muhammad’s world record earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors