BARCELONA, Spain – Nine in the morning is early for most, but, for Team USA’s Brianne Nerud (North Shore, N.Y.), it was the perfect time to demolish the national high school record in the women’s steeplechase. Nerud’s performance was part of a busy morning at the opening session of the IAAF World Junior Championships in Barcelona. Also highlighting the morning session, Team USA’s sprinting duo of Tyreek Hill and Aaron Ernest easily advanced in the heats of the men’s 100. Hill equaled with the top qualifying mark of the field, running 10.37 to Ernest’s 10.39.
Recent Track News
- Herron’s world best earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors
- Masters Athletes Race a Challenging 15K Championship in Tulsa-One American Record Broken
- Masters Athletes Ready for the Challenging 15K Championship Course in Tulsa
- 300 Masters athletes to vie for national titles at the USATF Masters 5 Km Cross Country Championship in San Diego
- Muhammad’s world record earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors