Brian Sternberg, who set the world record multiple times in the men’s pole vault during the 1963 season before suffering an injury that left his paralyzed the majority of his life, died May 23 just one month short of his 70th birthday. Sternberg had been hospitalized for the past 15 months and died from heart and lung failure, the Seattle Times reported.
Recent Track News
- Herron’s world best earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors
- Masters Athletes Race a Challenging 15K Championship in Tulsa-One American Record Broken
- Masters Athletes Ready for the Challenging 15K Championship Course in Tulsa
- 300 Masters athletes to vie for national titles at the USATF Masters 5 Km Cross Country Championship in San Diego
- Muhammad’s world record earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors