Eugene, Ore. – Ashton Eaton brought a record capacity crowd to full roar Saturday at Hayward Field as the Oregon graduate set a world record in the decathlon, scoring 9,039 points to break the previous record of 9,026 set in 2001 by the Czech Republic’s Roman Sebrle. The official attendance was 21,795. It was but one highlight of a dramatic and newsmaking day at the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – Track & Field.
Recent Track News
- Herron’s world best earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors
- Masters Athletes Race a Challenging 15K Championship in Tulsa-One American Record Broken
- Masters Athletes Ready for the Challenging 15K Championship Course in Tulsa
- 300 Masters athletes to vie for national titles at the USATF Masters 5 Km Cross Country Championship in San Diego
- Muhammad’s world record earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors