On Wednesday USA Track & Field conducted a national media teleconference with Carmelita Jeter as she prepares for the adidas Grand Prix scheduled for Saturday at Icahn Stadium on Randall’s Island in New York. The reigning World Outdoor champion in the 100 meters and 2011 Jesse Owens Award winner, Jeter owns the fastest time in the world heading into a loaded 100m field at the adidas Grand Prix. The meet will be broadcast live on NBC from 3-4:30 p.m. (Eastern). Below are excerpts from the teleconference.
Recent Track News
- Herron’s world best earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors
- Masters Athletes Race a Challenging 15K Championship in Tulsa-One American Record Broken
- Masters Athletes Ready for the Challenging 15K Championship Course in Tulsa
- 300 Masters athletes to vie for national titles at the USATF Masters 5 Km Cross Country Championship in San Diego
- Muhammad’s world record earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors