BARCELONA, Spain – Team USA stole the show, winning seven medals with two golds, on the fourth evening of competition at the IAAF World Junior Championships in Barcelona, Spain. Friday the 13th was not unlucky for the U.S. junior squad at Montjuïc Olympic Stadium as today’s medal haul brought the total to the overall leading count of 13. World Junior titles were claimed on the evening by Eric Futch in the men’s 400 meter hurdles and Ashley Spencer in the women’s 400. Spencer grabbed the gold with a World Junior Championships record time of 50.50.
Recent Track News
- Herron’s world best earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors
- Masters Athletes Race a Challenging 15K Championship in Tulsa-One American Record Broken
- Masters Athletes Ready for the Challenging 15K Championship Course in Tulsa
- 300 Masters athletes to vie for national titles at the USATF Masters 5 Km Cross Country Championship in San Diego
- Muhammad’s world record earns her USATF Athlete of the Week honors